O Brother Where Art Thou Various Artists on 2LP
In celebration of their 10-year Anniversary, Lost Highway Records is releasing twenty of their most acclaimed albums, including the O Brother Where Art Thou? soundtrack on special limited edition clear double vinyl.
O Brother, Where Art Thou? is the soundtrack of music from the 2000 American film of the same name, written, directed and produced by the Coen Brothers and starring George Clooney, John Turturro, Tim Blake Nelson and John Goodman.
With the film set in Mississippi during the Great Depression, the soundtrack uses American bluegrass, country and folk music appropriate to the time period. With the exception of a few vintage tracks such as Harry McClintock's 1928 single "Big Rock Candy Mountain," most tracks are modern recordings. Produced by T-Bone Burnett.
O Brother Where Art Thou Track Listing:
1. Po Lazarus - J. Carter & Prisoners
2. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Harry McLintock
3. You Are My Sunshine - Norman Blake
4. Down In The River To Pray - Alison Krauss
5. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys featuring Dan Tyminski
6. Hard Time Killing Floor Blues - Chris Thomas King
7. Man Of Constant Sorrow (Instrumental) - Norman Blake
8. Keep On The Sunny Side - The Whites
9. I'll Fly Away - Gillian Welch & Alison Krauss
10. Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby - Gillian Welch/Alison Krauss/Emmylou Harris
11. In The Highways - The Peasall Sisters
12. I Am Weary - The Cox Family
13. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow (Instrumental) - John Hartford
14. O Death - Ralph Stanley
15. In The Jailhouse Now - The Soggy Bottom Boys featuring Tim Blake Nelson
16. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys w/ Dan Tyminski
17. Indian War Whoop (Instrumental) - John Hartford
18. Lonesome Valley - The Fairfield Four
19. Angel Band - The Stanley Brothers