Shipping and Handling FAQ
When will my order ship?
Most orders for in-stock items placed by 3 p.m. E.T., Monday through Friday, for Ground or FedEx Home Delivery will ship that day and will include all in-stock items. All orders placed with any expedited or air shipment must be placed before 1 p.m. E.T for same day shipment (please note that while most expedited deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii are delivered on time, they are NOT guaranteed by FedEx). Orders for in-stock items received after 3 pm E.T. may not ship until the following business day. Orders for in-stock items placed after 3 p.m. E.T., on Friday, or during the weekend will not ship until the following Monday (or the next business day if Monday is a holiday).
If you'd like to schedule your FedEx delivery window or request FedEx hold your delivery, you can sign up for FedEx delivery manager here.
Will I be charged shipping for backorders?**
No. If your order contains both in-stock and backordered items, you will not be charged any additional shipping fees for the backordered item(s), which will be shipped ‘best way’. (This does not apply to special-order items.)
Will I be charged shipping for pre-ordered items?**
Pre-ordered items will also ship when they arrive at our warehouse, however, you will be charged a flat rate of $7.00 per shipment with no limit to how many items ship. If your order also includes in-stock items, they will be shipped asap—we will not hold orders for pre-order items unless previously requested.
** The above policies for both preorder and backorder items apply only to music titles shipped in the continental United States. Orders shipping to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico will incur normal shipping charges.
Will I be able to track my package?
Yes, but only if it ships via FedEx. When your order ships, you will be emailed a shipping confirmation that contains the FedEx tracking # for your package. You can use this tracking # on www.fedex.com to find the location and E.T.A. of your package. **Note: U.S. Mail may not be trackable.
Some Notes About International Orders:
1. Since international shipping costs are quite high, international orders will not ship until all items are in stock unless the customer specifically requests otherwise for the first 30 days. After 30 days international customers will be contacted via email for further instructions. If international customers want their order to ship partially, then they are required to pay our full shipping rate for each shipment.
2. International shipping rates are determined by weight, box size, destination, and value. If the website is not capable of giving you a shipping quote for an order, then you will be emailed the shipping charge for your approval before we ship your package. If you do not approve the shipping charge, then you have the option to cancel the order.
3. It is unlawful for MusicDirect to understate the declared value of any international order. All orders will be sent at full value.
4. MusicDirect is not responsible for any taxes, duties, VAT, or customs fees associated with importing your package. Please consult your country’s import regulations.
5. As soon as the order is shipped, you will receive an email from FedEx containing a tracking number for your shipment. Included in the shipping price is normal brokerage (the process of moving the package through customs). FedEx will broker the package unless the receiver arranges for another broker. FedEx will prepay any and all duties, VAT, and customs fees that are related to the particular merchandise contained in the package. FedEx will charge a Disbursement Fee for prepaying the fees that are due as the package enters the destination country. The Disbursement Fee can be avoided by contacting the local FedEx office and arranging for prepayment of all duties, taxes, VAT, and customs fees before the package is shipped.