Shure SFG-2 Stylus Force Gauge
The Industry Standard in Stylus Gauges
Easy to use and inexpensive, this is the most popular stylus force gauge on the market. An indispensable tool for any analog setup. The Shure SFG-2 Stylus Tracking Force Gauge is the industry standard. This simple-to-use measuring device was developed to give listeners a way to insure against the problems caused by improper tracking force settings, which include mistracking, excessive record and tip wear, and poor sound reproduction. This gauge is a highly accurate beam balance instrument designed to measure the actual downward force exerted by a stylus on a record over the range of 0.5 to 3.0 grams. Each gauge is individually factory calibrated in order to provide a precise measurement of stylus tracking force.
- For all modern tonearms and automatic turntables.
- Extended force measurement range (1 to 3 grams).
- Friction-free precision stainless steel pivot joints.
- Easy-to-read reference bars for perfect balance and absolute accuracy.
- Tracking force is measured with tonearm in actual playing position.
- Accuracy to within 1/10 of a gram in primary operating range (1/2 to 1-1/2 grams).