The Absolute Sound's Illustrated History of High-End Audio, Volume 2: Electronics Hardcover Book
Second Hardbound Volume of The Absolute Sound's High-End Audio History Features 336 Pages, 97 In-Depth Profiles, Exclusive Essays, Stunning Photography, and More
The second volume of The Absolute Sound's celebrated history of the high-end audio industry, and the essential follow-up to the acclaimed Volume One: Loudspeakers, comes in the form of Volume 2: Electronics. This lavishly illustrated, 336-page, large-format, hardbound book that celebrates the high-end's iconic electronics manufacturers in an expert manner. Packed with revealing photos, informative timelines, archival documents, and detailed reporting, it features 97 profiles of legendary electronics manufacturers from across the globe. This excellent volume also includes:
- The most significant electronic designs and technological milestones from the acoustic era through today's vanguard.
- Exclusive essays authored by Nelson Pass and Bob Carver on the greatest solid-state and tube amplifiers of all time, plus a technical history from Scott Frankland.
- Revealing new interviews with the founding fathers of the high-end electronics industry.
- Beautiful, never-before-seen archival photos – many from personal photo collections – of rare, iconic, and state-of-the-art products.
- Richly illustrated timelines of each company's landmark offerings.