Signature Luxman Sound, Unflappable Build Quality, Portable Convenience: Japanese-Made DA-100 DAC/Headphone Amplifier Makes Digital Music Sound Sublime
A recipient of a five-globe review from Hi-Fi World, the Luxman DA-100 DAC/headphone amplifier makes digital music sound smooth, natural, and warm while wringing out the finest details and maintaining a prized sense of attack. Hand-built in Japan to Luxman's legendary specifications, DA-100 offers audiophiles arresting sonics as well as convenient portability. Ideal for computer audio performance but equally at home in a main system, DA-100 exudes simplicity and bypasses any bells and whistles to focus on getting the most from your bits. Capable of class-leading 24-bit/96kHz USB performance and 24-bit/192kHz over optical/coaxial, DA-100 also provides two different filter settings and applies 32-bit processing via the internal DAC to minimize errors. Inside, a Burr-Brown PCM5102 DAC, low-phase noise-clock module, and built-in DAIR crystal for optimal jitter reduction do the heavy lifting. On the outside, a three-digital LED display , gold-plated RCA output terminal, and optional feet supply function and looks. Lest we forget, an outstanding headphone amplifier allows DA-100 to do double duty and gives you even more options no matter where – or when – you want to listen. Luxman's peerless quality strikes again. 100% Music Direct Guaranteed.
"At this price, there are few outboard DACs that can compete with the DA-100. Luxman has created a fantastic device that is solidly built, sounds terrific and sports an excellent built-in headphone amplifier. Hi-Fi World could not find anything of note to criticize about it, and said that despite the huge competition there is at this price point, it's well worth looking into."
-Hi-Fi World, five-globe review
- Portable A5-sized 2 channel PCM D/A converter
- Adopts 32-bit processing and equipped with Burr-Brown PCM5102 DAC
- Selectable digital filters to switch it between FIR and IIR mode
- B-type USB interface to connect USB digital audio input from PC or Mac
- Available D/D converter function while connecting digital inputs
- Built-in headphone headphone amplifier circuit
- Low-phase noise clock module reduces noise level of any digital signal
- High-accuracy DAIR crystal for digital input minimizes jitter
- Luxman traditional round-pattern PCBs and Spiral Wrap shielded wiring
- Gold-plated RCA output terminal with 18mm pitch, allowing large connectors