** THIS ITEM IS A DEMO - Full Manufacturer's Warranty **
MyTek Manhattan DAC/Headphone Amplifier/Preamp
Reference-Level MyTek Manhattan DAC Provides Mastering-Studio Sound: Converts 32-Bit PCM Up to 384kHz, DXD, and DSD256 (11.2MHz) and Upsamples Any Digital Signal to DSD256
The Penthouse of DACs: High-Current Dual-Output Dual-Mono Headphone Amp, Separate Linear Analog and Digital Power Supplies, and Femto Clock Complete MyTek Manhattan
Born in a renowned professional recording studio, and bringing mastering-engineer-reference-level quality into the home, the sculpted MyTek Manhattan DAC/headphone amplifier elevates high-resolution audio to edge-of-your-seat thrilling heights. Offering conversion support for 32-bit/384kHz PCM through Quad DSD (11.2mHz), discrete linear analog and digital power supplies, a whopping 130dB dynamic range, and the latest in digital connectivity, Manhattan upsamples any digital signal to DSD256. Its world-class chipset, Femto clock for immeasurable jitter, bi-metal fabrication, and isolated design further contribute to performance distinguished by vivid realism, multi-dimensional imaging, standout purity, and impeccable balance. A high-current 1.6A dual-output, dual-mono headphone amplifier turns headphones into luxurious aural spas. Reflecting the cutting-edge architecture of its namesake, Manhattan sounds as gorgeous as it looks. Just call it the penthouse of DACs.
"The Manhattan is a very fine-sounding DAC, preamplifier, and headphone amp that delivers as solid and real a sound image as I've heard. It also sounds very natural, inviting, and engaging while offering the ability to subtly tailor its sound to your liking."
Form Follows Function: Immeasurable Jitter and Noise Floor Levels
Beautiful, yet practical for heat dissipation and electrical dampening, Manhattan's inner steel chassis is covered in a custom-milled aluminum enclosure that helps reject external electrical interference and lower noise. Its 18-pound mass dampens vibrations while isolation spikes diminish mechanical vibration to provide a stable, artifact-free listening experience. The Femto clock incorporated into the CX797 clocking architecture pushes jitter and the noise floor below measurable levels. Manhattan's two separate isolated power supplies for the analog and digital stages lower noise and crosstalk while increasing power and consistency.
- Conversion: 32-bit PCM up to 384k, DXD, DSD-DSD256 (11.2MHz)
- Dynamic Range: 130dB (ESS Sabre chipset in 8 mono to 2 stereo configuration)
- Femto Clock Internal Clock Generator (<1ps jitter,) Wordclock In and Out, or sync to incoming digital audio input with JET (tm) PLL. Time Domain Jitter Eliminator
- Headphone Amp: High Current, High Slew Rate ultra low distortion 1600mA Hi-Fi dual mono design, 0.25 Ohm impedance with gain selector switch
- Computer Audio Inputs and Outputs: Firewire 400/800 up to PCM 192k/DSD async, USB2.0 up to 384k/DSD256, USB1.1 up to PCM 96k, driverless. DSD DOP compliant. Thunderbolt-FW adapter included.
- Digital Audio Inputs: SPDIF, AES/EBU, Toslink all up to 192k single wire. DSD-DSD256 SDIF DSD input, optional SACD optical input
- Internal Hardware Upsampling to DSD256: Any digital signal can be upsampled to DSD256 for superior DAC chipset performance
- Internal PCM Hardware Upsampling: 16-bit/44.1k etc. can be optionally upsampled prior to conversion to 24-bit/192k
- Analog Attenuator: Transparent, 1dB stepped programmable, separate for main out and headphones. Or 32-bit digital attenuator or relay bypass of the attenuator can be chosen by user
- Analog Inputs: 2 Unbalanced RCA, 1 Balanced XLR
- Linear Power Supplies, Separate: Oversized 50VA analog, 50VA digital, worldwide
- Firmware updates: online, user downloadable, periodic feature upgrades
- Ability of converting standard digital audio inputs into computer FW/Thunderbolt input
- Apple aluminum remote (included) and universal remote capable