Luxman D-38u Tube CD Player
Glorious Luxman Sound Supplemented with Vacuum Tubes
Why has Luxman been around for the 80 years? It might be because the company is not influenced by trends, just a sincere commitment to engineering products that are in a class by themselves. The Luxman D-38u tube CD Player, the companion piece to the amazing SQ-38u Tube Integrated Amplifier, is one of those products.
As you can see in the picture, the D-38u has a tube output stage, giving every disc you play that natural warmth and musicality music lovers crave. Even better, this player allows you to select whether you want to run your favorite tunes through the tube output stage or the Class-A solid-state output. With the flick of a switch, select the sumptuous glow of the tube outputs or the tremendous detail and resolution of the solid-state stage. How cool is that? While the player certainly has a ton of retro appeal on the outside, everything inside this beautiful wooden chassis is pure 21st century digital.
Since 1925, Luxman has crafted audio products for the most demanding of listeners. Luxman products are built and designed in Japan; each device carefully tested and evaluated. Luxman designs unique, special and one of a kind. Luxman amplifier designs are usually dual mono. The transformers are made in Japan to Luxman specifications. Luxman even hand selects the color paint used on the resistors to identify value and tolerance based on extensive listening tests. The chassis are carefully tuned to control vibration and resonance, making Luxman products perform like a musical instrument. Finally assembly and testing are carried out in Japan. Luxman's attention to detail is second to none.
- 16mm thick MDF case with a natural wood veneer enhances the overall rigidity of the D-38u
- More than just a pretty face, the 8mm thick front panel is a hairline-finished aluminum board, adding chassis rigidity
- D-38u circuitry is designed specifically for playing CDs, adopted for an ideal flow of power supply and audio signals
- Drive mechanism is supported on a thick 15mm base plate of pure aluminum for added stability and reduced jitter
- D-38u D/A converter features a 24Bit, 192KHz PCM1754 Burr-Brown DAC chipset
- Switch Output on the fly between Tube and Solid State
- Headphone output is driven by analog output, can be switched between Tube and Solid State on the fly
- Large, Easy to read display offers a 3-stage dimmer function (brightness adjustment)
- Externally cosmetics mirror other Luxman 38 series components, including power ring indicator and up/down switch
- Supplied full function aluminum remote control with wooden border even allows adjustment of the SQ-38u volume
- Vacuum tube components are designed for a life-time of service and are stress tested for 24 Hrs before installation