The Definition of Analog Reference: Hand-Made Audio-Technica AT-ART1000 Direct Power Stereo MC Phono Cartridge Delivers Unsurpassed Transient Response and Finite Micro-Detail Recovery
The flagship ART Series, a.k.a. "Audio-Technica Reference Transducer," defines reference in every way. Born out of more than five decades of chasing elite audiophile pursuits, AT-ART1000 Direct Power Stereo MC phono cartridge is hand-built by Japanese artisans and exudes analog finesse. The factory-coined "Direct Power System" – which places the dual moving coil directly on top of the stylus tip, ensuring audio quality does not suffer the negative effects normally introduced by cantilever length and material type – describes the cartridge's unsurpassed transient response and reproduction of the most subtle sonic details.
Each of AT-ART1000's two coils is constructed of PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) wire, wound eight turns to a diameter of 0.9mm to create a non-magnetic core coil. The 3-ohm coils are placed in the tiny 0.6mm gap of a powerful magnetic circuit, enabling each coil to generate an output voltage of 0.2 mV. AT-ART1000 also features the same high-performance line contact stylus and solid boron cantilever found in AT-OC9/III, enabling the cartridge to faithfully trace the record groove and reliably transfer the signal to the coils. Providing unstinting consistency and woking in concert with a hard plastic cover and aluminum housing to disperse resonance, a titanium base supports the specialized magnetic circuit and vibration system.
Audio-Technica also offers a Cartridge Rebuild Program option for owners of AT-ART1000, further increasing the value of your investment.
We hope you are lucky enough to hear one of these limited-edition designs for yourself. They're simply spectacular!
- Innovative Direct Power System delivers unsurpassed transient response, resulting in reproduction of even the most subtle sonic details
- Special line -ontact stylus and solid boron cantilever with 0.26mm diameter ensure extremely accurate reading of the record groove
- Non-magnetic core coils provide exquisite, full-dimensional audio reproduction
- Powerful neodymium magnet and exclusive magnetic circuit with a miniscule 0.6mm magnetic gap provide remarkably efficient power generation
- Magnetic circuit's titanium base works in combination with the cartridge's hard plastic cover and aluminum housing to disperse unwanted resonance
- PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coil enables pure signal transfer
Channel Separation: 30 dB (1 kHz)
Tracking Force Range: Specified for each individual cartridge (refer to “Tracking force information” included with the cartridge)
Recommended Load Impedance: Min. 30 ohms (when head amplifier is connected)
Output: 0.2 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
Channel Balance: 0.5 dB (1 kHz)
Stylus Shape: Line contact
Cantilever: 0.26 mm diameter solid boron
Accessories Included: Non-magnetic screwdriver; washer (x 2); protector; nut (x 2); cartridge installation screws (12 mm x 2, 18 mm x 2); brush; PCOCC lead wire set
User Manual (PDF, 20.5 MB)