Myriad Technological and Construction Improvements Make Astonishing Grado GS1000e Even Better: U.S.A.-Made 'Phones Make a Statement With Wowing Clarity, Range, and Dynamics
Step Into Your Own Private Listening Booth With GS1000e, Re-Engineered and Optimized With All-New Materials and Components
Large chambers that fit around your ears to create the equivalent of a private listening booth. Air that flows with the music to keep you comfortable while you marvel at the clarity, range, and dynamics. Hand-matched mahogany tone-woods chosen for aesthetic beauty, and individually chosen drivers matched for sonic consistency. GS1000e makes such a resounding statement, there's a reason it's the only model in Grado's Statement Series. Called by PC Magazine "very likely the best-sounding headphones ever made" in its earlier version, GS1000e now sounds even better.
Grado has been hand-making world-class headphones in the U.S.A. for nearly three decades. Taking advantage of the latest technologies and material advances, the Brookyln-based manufacturer recently finished the biggest overhaul to its entire ‘phone line in company history. Listeners will not only benefit from significantly superior sound, they will enjoy it without having to pay more. That's right: Grado kept prices steady even as the family-owned company added myriad improvements.
The hand-crafted mahogany earpieces of Grado's GS1000e headphones utilize an intricate curing process that optimizes the tonal quality while giving them a new look. GS1000e uses 50mm dynamic transducers and a new 12-conductor cable design. The wood, driver, and cable designs result in tight control and stability of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum to support the GS1000e's renowned midrange.
Grado's GS1000e cushion design actually creates a 'room' for the ears to sit, with a larger soundstage and greater spatial experience for the listener, providing correct balance between the driver and the wooden driver housing for the pure sound you crave. GS1000e is one of the most comfortable headphones on the market. The 'phones retains a sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, full-bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end. The presentation is very detailed, the bass is deep, and the music is very tight while non-fatiguing. All with stunning separation and layering of the music.
Grado E Series Headphones Enhancements
- New components and upgraded materials produce better dynamics
- Proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate reduces resonance and absorbs excess energy, yielding clearer tones
- New mahogany wood-curing method decreases tonal coloration and enhances performance consistency
- New rhodium connectors for longer-lasting, corrosion-free connections
- Refined driver geometry results in unparalleled precision
- Improved housing diminishes resonance and improves tonal purity
- New fine-tuned magnetic structure offers greater driver symmetry
- Stronger and lighter epoxy means greater strength, less mass, and better reliability