Grado RS1e Headphones
Loaded With Sonic Advances and Construction Improvements, Grado RS1e Shatters Expectations: Consider These 'Phones Refined Reference
Smooth, controlled, coherent, detailed: Grado RS1e headphones utilize a 50mm dynamic transducer and 8-conductor cable design in an-open air configuration to reproduce music with a balanced, elegant, and silky pedigree nearly unrivaled in its class. Call it refined reference. Add smooth highs, a velvety midrange, tight and well-defined bass, and depth to the equation, and you have the equivalent of high-end loudspeakers for your ears.
Grado has been hand-making world-class headphones in the U.S.A. for nearly three decades. Taking advantage of the latest technologies and material advances, the Brooklyn-based manufacturer just finished the biggest overhaul to its entire ‘phone line in company history. Listeners will not only benefit from significantly superior sound, they will enjoy it without having to pay more. That’s right: Grado kept prices steady even as the family-owned company added myriad improvements.
RS1e uses a different species of handcrafted mahogany from previous Grado models. Its earpieces utilize an intricate curing process that optimizes the tonal quality while giving them a new look. RS1e places a 50mm dynamic transducer and an 8-conductor cable design in an open-air configuration. The result is smooth, controlled, and coherent sound with detailed dynamics. Frequency response ranges from 12-30kHz and the drivers are matched to 0.05dB. Weighing 9oz, the headphones sport a gorgeous light mahogany look.
Grado E Series Headphones Enhancements
"That spacious soundstage, freewheeling dynamics, and vivid clarity down to the quietest details were all more effortlessly revealed...I loved the way they disappeared as I fell under their spell!"
-Steve Guttenberg, Sound and Vision, Top Pick
- New components and upgraded materials produce better dynamics
- Proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate reduces resonance and absorbs excess energy, yielding clearer tones
- New mahogany wood-curing method decreases tonal coloration and enhances performance consistency
- New rhodium connectors for longer-lasting, corrosion-free connections
- Refined driver geometry results in unparalleled precision
- Improved housing diminishes resonance and improves tonal purity
- New fine-tuned magnetic structure offers greater driver symmetry
- Stronger and lighter epoxy means greater strength, less mass, and better reliability