Every Single Component and Material in Grado RS2e Improved from Top to Bottom: You Benefit by Hearing Clean, Pure, Full-Bodied Sound
Like its bigger sibling, the RS1e, Grado RS2e specializes in full-bodied sound and engrossing subtleties that immerse you in your music of choice. Tonality, warmth, smoothness, and detailed texture define its sonic characteristics, while a lighter-weight form factor exudes ease. Every single component and material in RS2e has been improved from top to bottom. If you seek authentic, clean, and pure sound, these classically styled ‘phones should be on your head.
Grado has been hand-making world-class headphones in the U.S.A. for nearly three decades. Taking advantage of the latest technologies and material advances, the Brookyln-based manufacturer just finished the biggest overhaul to its entire ‘phone line in company history. Listeners will not only benefit from significantly superior sound, they will enjoy it without having to pay more. That’s right: Grado kept prices steady even as the family-owned company added myriad improvements.
Grado RS2e headphones are hand-crafted from select Mahogany tone-woods, like a fine musical instrument. Grado's exclusive Series E curing process enhances the natural properties of the wood to produce rich, full-bodied vocals in a light-weight form factor. RS2e utilizes a proprietary curing process that gives the 'phones a new, lighter look. A
44mm driver and 8-conductor cable design comprise the proverbial
engine. The hand-crafted mahogany uses new advanced damping treatments
that help control and dissipate resonances.
an overall sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich
full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end.
These 'phones are an audiophile's dream.
"We not only felt every tremor and shudder of the gigantic plane, we heard even the most subtle details, such as the ice cubes rattling the passengers' plastic beverage cups. The combination of an engrossing film and an impressive set of headphones made it feel as though the RS-2s disappeared and the sound seemed to be coming from far outside the actual confines of the headphones."
Grado E Series Headphones Enhancements
–Steve Guttenburg, CNET
- New components and upgraded materials produce better dynamics
- Proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate reduces resonance and absorbs excess energy, yielding clearer tones
- New mahogany wood-curing method decreases tonal coloration and enhances performance consistency
- New rhodium connectors for longer-lasting, corrosion-free connections
- Refined driver geometry results in unparalleled precision
- Improved housing diminishes resonance and improves tonal purity
- New fine-tuned magnetic structure offers greater driver symmetry
- Stronger and lighter epoxy means greater strength, less mass, and better reliability