Grado SR225e Headphones
Picture-Perfect Soundstages, Crystal-Clear Spatial Imaging, and Fine Details Distinguish Grado SR225e: Hear What This Re-Engineered 'Phone Can Do for Your Music
Let your loved one know you honor fidelity: Give them a pair of Grado SR225e headphones to enjoy their favorite music the way it was meant to be heard. Grado's traditional open-back design features enhanced airflow through the rear metal grill, and sonic reproduction marked by crystal-clear spatial placement and picture-perfect soundstages. With each and every material and component re-engineered, SR225e invites you to experience true intimacy with your favorite artists.
Grado has been hand-making world-class headphones in the U.S.A. for nearly three decades. Taking advantage of the latest technologies and material advances, the Brookyln-based manufacturer just finished the biggest overhaul to its entire ‘phone line in company history. Listeners will not only benefit from significantly superior sound, they will enjoy it without having to pay more. That’s right: Grado kept prices steady even as the family-owned company added myriad improvements.
"What these 'phones do surpassingly well is present each track in its own volume of air so that the character of the voice or instrument is timbrally distinct in the mix. I can almost picture the engineer pushing the fader up to isolate the part I'm focused on. I understand that one part of the Grado magic is building a rigid structure around the dynamic driver to damp resonances."
– Lang Phipps, Listener
SR225e has sizable rear air flow through a metal screen and employs Grado's larger ear cushion and closely matched drivers. The result is a broad, coloration-free soundstage. SR225e's new driver, cable, and plastic housing move air and react to sound vibrations while remaining virtually unaffected by transient distortions. Bass, midrange, and treble are all more wide open than via its predecessor, while fine tonal spread and balance comes to the fore no matter what music you prefer. SR225e is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich full-bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end.
Grado E Series Headphones Enhancements
- New components and upgraded materials produce better dynamics
- Proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate reduces resonance and absorbs excess energy, yielding clearer tones
- New mahogany wood-curing method decreases tonal coloration and enhances performance consistency
- New rhodium connectors for longer-lasting, corrosion-free connections
- Refined driver geometry results in unparalleled precision
- Improved housing diminishes resonance and improves tonal purity
- New fine-tuned magnetic structure offers greater driver symmetry
- Stronger and lighter epoxy means greater strength, less mass, and better reliability