Grado SR80e Headphones
New Components and Materials Elevate Grado SR80e Performance, Comfort, and Stability: U.S.A.-Made 'Phones Boast New Driver, Polymer, and Cable for Sonic Excellence
Grado has been hand-making world-class headphones in the U.S.A. for nearly three decades. Taking advantage of the latest technologies and material advances, the Brookyln-based manufacturer just finished the biggest overhaul to its entire ‘phone line in company history. Listeners will not only benefit from significantly superior sound from SR80e, they will enjoy it without having to pay more. That’s right: Grado kept prices steady even as the family-owned company added myriad improvements.
Whether you're into gaming or jamming, SR80e's perfectly proportioned soundstage delivers the midrange you love and details you crave. The 4-conductor cable and gold-plated mini-plug bring the sparkle back to your audio or gaming system, tablet, or phone. Play keyboard or guitar in your own head space with the comfortable S-Cushions and durable embossed vinyl strap. The only distortion you'll hear will be from your imaginary stomp box.
"These are truly wonderful headphones, they've got the bass energy... ripping into heavy tracks with a gusto that eludes lesser rivals. With vocals they intoxicate with a natural feel and beautifully proportioned soundstage: few headphones can transport you as convincingly... The Grado SR-80's are special. Buy'em, and Love'em."
SR80e features a new driver design, a new polymer to damp resonant distortion in the plastic housing, and a new cable from plug to driver connection. The way the SR80e's new driver and plastic housing move air and react to sound vibrations virtually eliminates transient distortions. This allows the signal flow over the new cable to reproduce sound that has improved tight control of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum. SR80e produces a sound that is pure Grado, with warm harmonic colors, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics, and an ultra-smooth top end.
Grado E Series Headphones Enhancements
- New components and upgraded materials produce better dynamics
- Proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate reduces resonance and absorbs excess energy, yielding clearer tones
- New mahogany wood-curing method decreases tonal coloration and enhances performance consistency
- New rhodium connectors for longer-lasting, corrosion-free connections
- Refined driver geometry results in unparalleled precision
- Improved housing diminishes resonance and improves tonal purity
- New fine-tuned magnetic structure offers greater driver symmetry
- Stronger and lighter epoxy means greater strength, less mass, and better reliability