Falla - Three Cornered Hat - Berganza - Ansermat - L'Orchestre De La Suisse Romande on Hybrid Stereo SACD
Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
Includes 9 Decca Titles All Remastered from the Original Master Tapes by Willem Makee
Due to such resounding critical and customer support for their first RCA Living Stereo reissue series featuring 25 premier-sounding titles - Analogue Productions knew classical music lovers were hungry for more. Their Decca Classical SACD Series includes nine Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series). Each historical title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee.
Early London/Decca Stereo Classical instrumental and chamber music recordings (1956-1963) contain some of the premient historical musical performances, many of which remain unequalled today. These reissued titles are very sought-after by collectors, never before available in a high-resolution digital format. The SACDs have been authored for the series by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO and are designed to be the finest editions of these recordings ever reissued!
The timeless gem Three Cornered Hat performed by L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande as conducted by Ernest Ansermet. The composition was premiered by Ansermet, and with its lively rhythms, subtle narratives, dynamic development, and vivid contrast and tone-colors, this version is a masterly performance that no others have been able to exceed. The performance illustrates an ethnic taste that is rich in its wild beauty in a truly vivid and dynamic way, while highlighting the lyricism of Falla's music in a sophisticated, uncompromising manner. The solo singing by the young Teresa Berganza is also superb here.
Manuel De Falla (composer)
Ernest Ansermet (conductor)
Teresa Berganza (mezzo-soprano)
L'Orchestre De La Suisse Romande
• Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
• Series includes 9 Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series)
• Each title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee
• Never before available in a high-resolution digital format
• Series authored by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO
2. Part 1. Afternoon
3. Part 2. The Neighbour's Dance (Seguidillas)
4. Part 2. The Miller's Dance (Farruca)
5. Part 2. Conclusion
6. La Vida Breve - Interlude & Dance