Schubert - The 'Trout' Quintet - Curzon - The Vienna Octet on Hybrid Stereo SACD
Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
Includes 9 Decca Titles All Remastered from the Original Master Tapes by Willem Makee
Due to such resounding critical and customer support for their first RCA Living Stereo reissue series featuring 25 premier-sounding titles - Analogue Productions knew classical music lovers were hungry for more. Their Decca Classical SACD Series includes nine Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series). Each historical title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee.
Early London/Decca Stereo Classical instrumental and chamber music recordings (1956-1963) contain some of the premient historical musical performances, many of which remain unequalled today. These reissued titles are very sought-after by collectors, never before available in a high-resolution digital format. The SACDs have been authored for the series by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO and are designed to be the finest editions of these recordings ever reissued!
In the summer of 1819, Franz Schubert stayed in the Austrian town of Steyr where he began work on the composition of the five-movement Piano Quintet in A major, op. 114 (D 667) which was commissioned by the cellist Sylvester Paumgartner. The work was completed in the autumn and soon achieved great popularity under the name of Trout Quintet, which it owes to the Andantino fourth movement – a set of variations on the song of the same name.
The work has remained highly popular right up to the present day and so it comes as no surprise to find this highly praised recording, made with such renowned artists as the pianist Clifford Curzon, the violinist Willi Boskovsky and other members of the Vienna Octet, being released once again. The ensembles refreshing performance reflects the sparkling lightness and virtuosity of the work. The well-balanced recording with its full tone certainly deserves a place in every music lovers collection!
Franz Schubert (composer)
Clifford Curzon (conductor)
The Vienna Octet
• Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
• Series includes 9 Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series)
• Each title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee
• Never before available in a high-resolution digital format
• Series authored by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO
1. First Movement: Allegro Vivace
2. Second Movement: Andante
3. Third Movement: Scherzo (Presto)
4. Fourth Movement: Theme And Variations (Andantino)
5. Fifth Movement: Allegro Giusto