German virtuoso violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter is joined by the Vienna Philharmonic in a performance of Pablo De Sarasate's Carmen Fantasie as conducted by James Levine and recorded at Musikverein, Grosser Saal in Vienna in November of 1992. Gathered together here is music that Mutter might play as encores after an intense recital or concerto programme.
Several were written by composers who were themselves virtuoso violinists, and whose very intention was to test the technical mettle of all who dared to attempt a performance. For some violinists, simply playing the notes would be enough. But being Mutter, these pieces are interpreted with as much care and intelligence as the most profound concerto.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. This disc is compatible with SACD players only and will not play on a standard CD player.
• Japanese Import SHM-SACD
• 2-channel single layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• Compatible with SACD player only