Asia Asia on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Nine weeks at #1 on the Billboard album charts. A string of smash hits including "Heat of the Moment," "Sole Survivor," and "Only Time Will Tell." A Grammy nomination for Best New Artist. Recognition by Billboard for Debut Album of the Year. And a stellar lineup comprised of members of veteran prog-rock groups: Steve Howe (Yes), Carl Palmer (ELP), John Wetton (King Crimson), and Geoff Downes (Buggles). In every way, Asia's self-titled 1982 debut is absolutely essential!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player