Released in 1967 and adorned with a distinctive Day-Glo psychedelic cover designed by underground illustrator Martin Sharp, Disraeli Gears is the second studio effort from rock's first ‘supergroup' featuring Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker. Something of a departure from the band's blues roots, its warm fluorescent sound perfectly captured the mood of the period with such landmark songs as "Strange Brew," the melodic but heavy-riffing "Sunshine Of Your Love" and the surrealistic, wah-wah drenched "Tales Of Brave Ulysses." It climbed to No. 5 in the UK Charts and was the trio's breakthrough release in the US, hitting No. 4 in the Billboard 200. SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. This disc is compatible with SACD players only and will not play on a standard CD player.
• Japanese Import SHM-SACD featuring Mono & Stereo editions
• 2-channel single layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• Compatible with SACD player only