In a career which spanned 35 years, George Michael gave the world the ultimate pop experience with Wham! before going solo and becoming a global superstar. 1990's Listen Without Prejudice was his groundbreaking second solo effort. Arranged, produced and almost completely written by George himself, it eloquently confirmed him as a pioneering, agenda-setting artist. A multi-platinum-selling worldwide chart-topper which reached #1 in the UK (where it outsold Faith and went 4x platinum), Listen Without Prejudice was the sound of a precedent-setting, boundary-pusher going his own way.
Over 25 years later, Listen Without Prejudice remains a remarkable, timeless work, from the beautifully judged protest songs "Praying For Time" and "Mother's Pride," to the intimate "Cowboys & Angels," via the autobiographical "Freedom! '90." This 3CD+DVD deluxe set includes his Listen Without Prejudice album, now remastered. CD2 comprises his captivating MTV Unplugged live show from 1996, showcasing 10 songs from Wham!, Faith, Listen Without Prejudice and Older, available here for the very first time, plus the stunning single "Fantasy" with Nile Rodgers (via download code).
The release also comes with a 16 track bonus CD of mixes, B sides and alternate versions and a DVD featuring the Listen Without Prejudice South Bank Show Special documentary plus videos. A 32 page book containing sleevenotes and photos completes the package.
• CD1 – Listen Without Prejudice (remastered)
• CD2 – MTV Unplugged album (available for the very first time)
• CD3 – Mixes and B-sides
• DVD – Listen Without Prejudice Southbank Show special (ITV1, 1990) plus MTV 10th Anniversary performance of Freedom! 90 (1990) and promo videos – NTSC format
• 32-page book featuring rare images and memorabilia from George Michael's personal archive
• Download code insert including Nile Rodgers bonus track
• 8 x 8" rigid slipcase housing book with 4 panel pull out disc carrier