The Most Complete and Authoritative Edition of Mozart's Works on 200 CDs!
In celebration of Mozart's 225th anniversary, Decca Classics and Deutsche Grammophon present Mozart 225: The New Complete Edition, the most authoritative and scholarly box set ever devoted to the work of a single composer. This individually numbered limited edition 200-CD box set collects 240 hours of benchmark performances from over 600 world-class solo artists and ensembles in state-of-the-art sound recording. The expansive set is broken down into five sections: Chamber (Discs 1 - 49); Orchestral (Discs 50 - 101); Theater (Discs 102 - 152); Sacred & Private (Discs 153 - 170); and Supplemental (Discs 174 - 200).
• All Mozart's completed works including for the first time the Handel and Bach arrangements
• Over 100 fragments, completions by other composers and doubtful works
• 30CDs of alternative performances of key masterpieces
• 5 hours of newly recorded performances including on Mozart's own instruments
• World premiere recordings including recent discoveries
• 18 labels represented including many rare and unique recordings
• 70% of recordings different from 1991 Philips Mozart Edition
• Complete symphonies and concertos on period instruments plus many traditional-instrument and classic performances
• Performed by the world's greatest artists including Abbado, Barenboim, Bartoli, Böhm, Brendel, Brüggen, Damrau, DiDonato, Gardiner, Hogwood, Mackerras, Marriner, Mutter, Nézet-Séguin, Östman, Pinnock, Pires, Schiff, Solti, Terfel, Uchida, Villazón and Wunderlich
• 2 fully-illustrated hardback books: a brand new Mozart biography by Cliff Eisen, plus 120000 words of feature essays and work- by-work commentary from 30 renowned Mozart scholars
• 5 frameable art prints, plus the last authenticated portrait, two score manuscripts and a letter to his father, courtesy of Mozarteum Foundation