Antonio Carlos Jobim The Composer Of Desafinado Plays on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Antonio Carlos Jobim, Brazilian composer of such popular songs as "Desafinado" and "The Girl From Ipanema," derived his unmistakable songwriting style from a very personal sense of melody and harmony, the magnificent songwriting traditions of Brazil, the rhythm of the samba, and American jazz. The Composer of Desafinado Plays was the LP Jobim created when the bossa nova wave initially hit the US. The release showcases his own piano work with some string accompaniment, far different from the bossa nova efforts of Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player