Berlioz - Symphony Fantastique - Bernstein on XRCD24
Superior Audiophile XRCD24 Mastered from the Original Analogue EMI Master Tapes
Hector Berlioz viewed his life through a romantically magnified and "fantastic" lens. He was the first composer to bridge the chasm between art and life, to translate life into art, and thus also to introduce the category of the "characteristic" into the genre of the symphony. The Symphonie Fantastique represents all the highs and lows of love. In its entire programmatic and musical design, the work is oriented entirely to the effect it has on the listener.
Produced and engineered by John Mordler and Paul Vavasseur respectively, this exhilarating EMI recording finds legendary conductor/composer Leonard Bernstein leading the Orchestre National de France in a beautiful performance of French composer Hector Berlioz's five movement early Romantic period piece Symphonie Fantastique at the famous Salle Wagram, Paris. The Symphonie Fantastique was Berlioz's first great work and it remains his best known thanks to performances like this!
Hector Berlioz (composer)
Leonard Bernstein (conductor)
Orchestre National de France
• Mastered from the original analogue EMI master tapes
• Superior audiophile XRCD24
• XRCD24 is a standard "Red Book" CD and is compatible with all CD players
Berlioz - Symphony Fantastique - Bernstein Track Listing:
1. Symphonie Fantastique Op. 14 - Reveries - Passions
2. Symphonie Fantastique Op. 14 - Un Bal
3. Symphonie Fantastique Op. 14 - Scene aux champs
4. Symphonie Fantastique Op. 14 - Marche au supplice
5. Symphonie Fantastique Op. 14 - Songe d'une nuit du Sabbat