Bill Evans Sunday At The Village Vanguard on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Few albums in the history of contemporary American music can be more deserving than this one of the designation of being a true classic. It is the first of two Riverside albums derived from the legendary final appearance of the first Bill Evans trio - taped during the last day of a Village Vanguard engagement, barely ten days before the tragic death of bassist Scott LaFaro. The recordings have long been recognized as capturing the essence of the unique three-way interaction that characterized the trio; this album is further distinguished by its emphasis on the solo work and compositions of the innovative LaFaro.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player