Captain Beefheart Ice Cream For Crow on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Captain Beefheart's 1982 release Ice Cream For Crow was his final recording before retiring from the music business forever to devote himself to painting full time. A more somber affair than his previous record Doc At The Radar Station, the release is still a strong final musical statement from Beefheart. A more streamlined new Magic Band is back for this recording and masterfully help send the Captain off in style. Featuring off kilter hit songs such as "The Host The Ghost The Most Holy-O," "Hey Garland I Dig Your Tweed Coat" and "81 Poop Hatch."
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player