Elton John Elton John on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
In 1970, Elton John’s self-titled breakthrough album and evergreen hit "Your Song" introduced him to an international stage and kick started an unparalleled run of classic albums and hit singles. Recorded at Trident Studios in London, the auspicious 10-track effort was Elton's first American release and features production from Gus Dudgeon and orchestral arrangements by Paul Buckmaster.
Nominated for one of the music industry’s highest honors, a Grammy Award for Album of the Year, it was also a commercial success, reaching No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart, and was certified gold by the RIAA within a year of its release. In 2012, it was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame as an album cited as exhibiting "qualitative or historical significance."
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player