Elvis Costello My Aim Is True on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Elvis Costello’s remarkable My Aim Is True announced the arrival of a singular talent. Having long ago secured its status as one of the greatest debut albums ever recorded, the 1977 set hasn’t lost any of the vibrant urgency, lyrical edge, or biting wit that made Costello the pin-up model for new-wave music. Blending punk-fueled motivation with pub-rock, reggae, and classic American rock n’ roll strains, the landmark effort includes many of the singer’s best-known and most beloved tunes: the poisoned ballad “Alison,” voyeuristic “Watching the Detectives,” slinky “(The Angels Want to Wear My) Red Shoes,” and rave-up “Mystery Dance” included. There isn’t a bad note here.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player