Holst - The Planets - Previn - London Symphony Orchestra on XRCD24
Mastered from the Original Analog EMI Master Tapes!
Classical compositions don't come much more vetted than Holst's The Planets, devised at a time when the composer was enthralled with space. And performances of this revered piece don't come any better than Andre Previn leading the celebrated London Symphony Orchestra, circa 1973. There's a reason why this rendition is among the most prized among collectors and audiophiles and Hi-Q's analog remaster brings it to life in ways never thought possible here!
Originally recorded at London's much-missed Kingsway Hall on September 28 and 29 of 1973, and produced and engineered by the legendary EMI team of Christopher Bishop and Christopher Palmer, this classic recording from the golden era of André Previn and the London Symphony Orchestra has been cut at EMI's Abbey Road Studios from the original EMI master tapes and is issued here on the flattering XRCD24 audiophile format!
- Gustav Holst (composer)
- Andre Previn (conductor)
- London Symphony Orchestra
- The Ambrosian Singers
- Mastered from the original analog EMI masters
- Presented on audiophile XRCD24
- Compatible with all CD players
- Hi-Q Records release
Holst - The Planets - Previn - London Symphony Orchestra Track Listing:
1. Mars, the Bringer of War
2. Venus, The Bringer of Peace
3. Mercury, the Winged Messenger
4. Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity
5. Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
6. Uranus, the Magician
7. Neptune, the Mystic (The Ambrosian Singers)