Here's To Ben
was recorded (March 17th - 18th) at the famous Ocean Way Recording Studios in Los Angeles, CA. Ocean Way is one of the leading recording facilities in the world with recent clients including Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Rodgers, Beck, PlacidoDomingo and many many other top artists and groups. The rows of platinum albums recorded here and hanging on the studio walls would fill a small museum.
This recording isall-analogue, live to 2-track direct. The recording was made on an ATR-100 tape machine with BASF-900 1/4inch high resolution taper unning at 30 ips. A vintage Neuman M-49 tube microphone was set-up for Jacintha's voice and the recording and mastering cabling for this session was supplied by Audioquest.The 180g LP is mastered by Bernie Grundman direct from the original analogue masters on his own tube driven highly modified and customized Sculley cutting lathe.
1. Georgia on My Mind (Carmichael/Gorrell)
2. Our Love Is Here to Stay (Gershwin/Gershwin)
3. Tenderly (Gross/Lawrence)
4. Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Arlen/Harburg)
5. How Long Has This Been Going On(Gershwin/Gershwin)
7. In the Wee Small Hours of Morning (Hilliard/Mann)
8. Pennies from Heaven (Burke/Johnston)
9. Danny Boy (Weatherly)
10. The Look of Love (Bacharach/David)