Joao Gilberto Joao Gilberto on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Joao Gilberto's eponymous 1973 release aka 'white album' finds the Brazilian pop singer/songwriter in a spare setting with just his voice, his guitar and the minimalist drumming of Sonny Carr yet still managing to create as rich and inviting a musical tapestry as ever. Engineered by electronic music pioneer Wendy Carlos, smooth and hypnotic tracks like "Aguas de Marco," "Falsa Baiana," and "Eu Vim da Bahia," absolutely captivate with their lush sonics and flawless economy. An enchanting and essential Gilberto masterpiece!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player