Midori Encore! on K2 HD Mastering CD
Featuring K2 HD 24-Bit/100kHz Mastering!
Numbered Limited Edition of Only 1000 Copies!
was born in Osaka, Japan, in 1971 and began studying the violin with her mother, Setsu Goto, at a very early age. Zubin Mehta first heard Midori play in 1982, and it was he who invited her to make her now legendary debut at the New York Philharmonic's traditional New Year's Eve concert, on which occasion she received a standing ovation and the impetus to begin a major career.
made her first recording at the age of 14 for Philips, she played music of Bach and Vivaldi with the St.Paul Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Pinchas Zukerman; her second recording, also for Philips, featured works by Paganini and Tchaikovsky with the London Symphony and conductor Leonard Slatkin.
is the recipient of the 25th Suntory Music Award, designed to promote Western music in Japan, (1993) and was awarded the prestigious Avery Fisher Prize in 2001, given to musicians for outstanding achievement in classical music. Here, Midori
is accompanied by pianist Robert McDonald
for this extraordinary 1992 recording of music by various composers including Shostakovich, Kreisler, Paganini and Prokofiev among others!
"When you hear the performances, don't be surprised if words such as 'definitive' and 'perfection' come to mind repeatedly." - CD Review
"Her playing is utterly assured, with a calm and centered tone, and she brings a kind of assertive melancholy to the music...she's also developed a deep-seated belief in the power of music as a positive force throughout the world." - Fred Child, NPR
- K2 HD 24-Bit/100kHz Mastering
- Numbered Limited Edition of 1000 copies
- Compatible with all CD players
- Midori (violin)
- Robert McDonald (piano)
Midori Encore! Track Listing:
1. Kreisler - Praeludium and Allegro (In the Style of Puaganini)
2. Sarasate - Habanera No. 2, Op. 21
3. Paganini - Cantabile
4. Cui - Orientale No. 9, Op. 50 from Kaleidoscope
5. Bacewicz - Oberek, No. 2
6. Elgar - Salut d'amour, Op. 12
7. Kreisler - Miniature Viennese March
8. Shostakovich - Four Preludes/Op. 34, No. 10: Moderato non troppo
9. Shostakovich - Four Preludes/Op. 34, No. 15: Allegretto
10. Shostakovich - Four Preludes/Op. 34, No. 16: Andantino
11. Shostakovich - Four Preludes/Op. 34, No. 24: Allegretto
12. Elgar - Slavonic Dance No. 2 in E minor, Op. 72
13. Sarasate - Introduction and Tarantella
14. Dvořák - Slavonic Dance No. 2 in E minor, Op. 72
15. Prokofiev - March from the Opera "The Love for Three Oranges"
16. Tchaikovsky - Melodie No. 3, Op. 42
17. Szymanowski - La Fontaine d'Arethuse from Mythes, Op. 30
18. Kreisler - Syncopation
19. Gluck - La Fontaine d'Arethuse from Mythes, Op. 30
20. Fauré - Berceuse, Op. 16
21. Scriabin - Etude in Thirds No. 10, Op. 8
22. Bartók - Romanian Folk Dances/I. Dance With Sticks: Allegro moderato
23. Bartók - Romanian Folk Dances/II. Waistband Dance: Allegro
24. Bartók - Romanian Folk Dances/III. Stamping Dance: Andante
25. Bartók - Romanian Folk Dances/IV. Hornpipe Dance: Molto moderato
26. Bartók - Romanian Folk Dances/V. Romanian Polka: Allegro
27. Bartók - Romanian Folk Dances/VI. Quick Dance: Allegro
28. Ysaÿe: Rêve d'enfant