Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
The music of Mike Oldfield is some of the most spiritual, ethereal, reflective and sensual in rock - and above all, incomparable, it’s no wonder he is a true British icon. One of the most successful artists of all time, with the release of his seminal 1973 album Tubular Bells - which kick-started the Virgin Records label and Richard Branson’s fledgling business empire, selling some 17 million copies - the award-winning producer/musician created one of the most groundbreaking pieces in the history of music.
Thrillingly enigmatic music that sounds like nothing before or since, a critical and commercial success, and, to cap it all, the album won the coveted Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Composition after an excerpt was used in the film The Exorcist. Experimental and daring, technically advanced and sublimely crafted all at once, Tubular Bells was a true phenomenon.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player