Oscar Peterson We Get Requests on Limited Edition Japanese Import Vinyl SHM-SACD
1964's We Get Requests is a sterling example of the Oscar Peterson Trio's remarkable two-sided appeal. Technically, the album is filled with above average melodic development and a solid rhythmic blend, while the repertoire is as crowd-pleasing as ever. The celebrated trio, which famously features pianist Oscar Peterson, bassist Ray Brown and drummer Ed Thigpen, treats the listener to a tasteful mix of pop tunes, standards and originals and reminds us throughout why they're one of the best in the business.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player