Supertramp Crime Of The Century on Blu-Ray Pure Audio Disc
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs: No Compression, No Compromise
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs Offer True High-Resolution 24-bit/96kHz Audiophile Sound
Universal Music Group has gone back to the original master tapes to deliver fully uncompressed, high-resolution versions of many of your favorite albums on Blu-ray Pure Audio Disc. Mastered at 24bit/96kHz, Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs deliver the sound the artists originally heard in the studio when these classic albums were recorded. These discs provide all the recorded musical information. While convenient due to their small file size, today’s heavily compressed music files do not represent the true fidelity of the original album.
• Recordings are transferred from the original master tapes and delivered in high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio
• No compression is utilized, and the sound quality is vastly superior to MP3 or standard CD
• Three separate choices of audio file format for playback: PCM 2.0, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1 available where noted)
• Your preferred audio format is chosen either by pressing the "Audio" button on your Blu-ray remote or via your onscreen menu display
Even before Pink Floyd thrust their musical message of protest under the noses of the establishment and the established with the mechano-hit The Wall, the melancholic songs of the group Supertramp had long found their way into the hearts of the young who had been shaken by one crisis after the other.
This album with its surrealistic, chilling cover and eye-raising title was a success all over the world and even the sternest critics showered it with praise. “Their music just floods the senses; it is as though someone has put on all the good pop records of the '60s and '70s at the same time,” hailed the music magazine Sounds – totally fascinated by their sound.
Crime Of The Century provided plenty of fodder for the hit charts and radio DJs as well. And even today, the balladesque collage "School" with its bloodcurdling harmonica introduction, the pearl-like Rhodes piano chords in the rocking "Bloody Well Right," and the childlike, mocking "Dreamer" are the epitome of the pop cult of the '70s.
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs:
Audio is taken from the original master tapes and mastered in 24-bit/96kHz resolution with a choice of three sound formats: PCM, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio. You can finally enjoy the music in the fidelity originally experienced in the studio.
• Simply load the disc into any Blu-Ray device and it starts to play, just like a CD
• No video needed: Blu-Ray remote allows track selection and preferred audio format
• Alternately, use your onscreen display to select tracks and preferred audio format
Supertramp Crime Of The Century Track Listing:
2. Bloody Well Right
3. Hide In Your Shell
7. If Everyone Was Listening
8. Crime Of The Century