T. Rex Electric Warrior on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
One of the most popular British bands of their era, T. Rex spearheaded the glam-rock movement, a genre owing everything to its quintessential superstar, Marc Bolan. Driven by simple grooves, effortless hooks, trippy vocals, and fat guitars, their music was infused both with hippie spirituality and raw sexuality.
Originally released in 1971, Electric Warrior is the prototypical glam rock album. Widely regarded as T. Rex's masterpiece, the album features two of the band's most popular songs in "Bang A Gong (Get It On)" and "Jeepster." Ranging from space blues to punk jazz, Electric Warrior's sound is fleshed out by chamber strings and the falsetto harmonies of Turtles and Mothers of Invention members Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman and Zappa sideman Ian McDonald on sax.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player