The Beach Boys Pet Sounds on Japanese Import SHM-SACD
The groundbreaking Pet Sounds (1966) is undoubtedly The Beach Boys' most acclaimed and accomplished album not to mention arguably the most influential pop record of all time. This is the album that took the group and music in general to a whole different level, both in terms of composition and production. Landmark songwriting ("Wouldn't It Be Nice," "God Only Knows," "Caroline No," "Sloop John B"), incredible vocal harmonies and majestic arrangements coalesce to form a rich collage of sound which overflows with artistic depth and pure emotion.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player