The Beach Boys Shut Down Volume 2 on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Shut Down Volume 2 is the Beach Boys' fifth studio album and the first of four they would release in 1964 alone named in reference to Capitol Records 1963 multi-artist compilation Shut Down which they were featured on with the title cut and "409." Includes the shimmering Beach Boys' all-time classic singles "Fun, Fun, Fun" and "Don't Worry Baby" along with first rate compositions like "Warmth of the Sun" and an excellent take on Frankie Lymon's "Why Do Fools Fall in Love."
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player