The Beach Boys Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!) on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
1965's Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!) was the second of three Beach Boy albums issued that year and it marked a major turning point for the band, and especially the exhausted Brian Wilson. It was around this time that Wilson gave up touring, and many consider this the beginning of an artistic maturation which would come to full fruition on the Beach Boys 1966 opus Pet Sounds. Their ninth overall, the album includes the two monster singles "Help Me, Rhonda" and "California Girls."
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player