The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour on Blu-Ray
The Beatles Classic 1967 Feature Film Restored on Blu-Ray Disc with a Remixed Soundtrack and a Wealth of Special Features!
In September of 1967, The Beatles loaded a film crew onto a bus along with friends, family and cast and headed west on the A30 out of London to make their third film, this time concieved and directed by The Beatles themselves. In the wake of the extraordinary impact of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album and the One World satellite broadcast of "All You Need Is Love," The Beatles devised, wrote and directed their third film, Magical Mystery Tour, a dreamlike story of a coach day trip to the seaside.
In addition to unveiling the band's new songs "Magical Mystery Tour," "The Fool On The Hill," "Flying," "I Am The Walrus," "Blue Jay Way" and "Your Mother Should Know," the film features a fabulous supporting cast of character actors and performers including Ivor Cutler, Victor Spinetti, Jessie Robins, Nat Jackley, Derek Royle, and the inmitable Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.
Apple Films has now fully restored the long out-of-print classic feature film here on the unparalleled blu-ray format with a remixed soundtrack (5.1 and stereo) and special features! The restoration of Magical Mystery Tour has been overseen by Paul Rutan Jr. of Eque Inc, the same company that handled the much acclaimed restoration of Yellow Submarine. The soundtrack work was done at Abbey Road Studios by Giles Martin and Sam Okell.
- Director's commentary by Paul McCartney
- The Making of Magical Mystery Tour
- Ringo reflecting on his role in the film
- Meet The Supporting Cast feature
- Three new edits of ("Your Mother Should Know," "Blue Jay Way," "The Fool On The Hill")
- "Hello Goodbye" as featured in Top of the Pops 1967
- Nat's Dream - A scene directed by John featuring Nat Jackley and not included in the original film
- Ivor Cutler performs "I'm Going In A Field," in a field. This scene was not included in the original film
- The filming of Traffic acting out their 1967 hit single "Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush"
Aspect ratio - 1.33:1
Frame rate - 1080i 59.94
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Dolby Digital 5.1
PCM stereo for Blu-Ray