The Best Of Omnibus Wind Ensemble on Hybrid SACD from Opus 3
The Omnibus Wind Ensemble came into being in 1981, and the forces developed automatically: first there was a double wind quintet, to this was added a double bass and a clarinet, and eventually there came into being twelve colorful players in perfect harmony. Right from the start they committed themselves wholeheartedly to originality.
In-house arrangements, commissioned works and collaboration with all sorts of rewarding people in a wide variety of musical idioms. They have worked in the traditional classical genre, but also with jazz musicians, stand-up comedians, opera singers and theatre people, constantly working hard to extend their skills and never compromising on quality.
In time, the Omnibus Wind Ensemble has become one of Sweden’s most popular chamber groups. Leaving aside the freshness and confidence of their musicality, their choice of repertoire is probably one key to their popularity – often unconventional, a mixture of old and new, familiar and unfamiliar, often in versions of their own and with scope for audience contact and humour. Many pieces are played from memory at their concerts, with generous scope for flirtation – and with never a beat or note out of place!
The Best Of Omnibus Wind Ensemble Track Listing:
1. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Overture to "The Marriage of Figaro"
2. Johan Helmich Roman - Allegro con spirito from the "Drottingholm Music"
3. William Seymer - Sologa Op. 11 No. 3
4. Gioacchino Rossini - Figaros' and Rosina's Duet from "The Barber of Seville"
5. Gioacchino Rossini - Overture to the Barber of Seville
6. Eje Thelin - Circo della vita
7. Tor Aulin - From Four Water-Colors - Idyll
8. Tor Aulin - From Four Water-Colors - Lullaby
9. Tor Aulin - From Four Water-Colors - Polska
10. Joseph Martin Kraus - Incidental music to "Amphitryon" by Moliere - No. 5 Andante
11. Joseph Martin Kraus - Incidental music to "Amphitryon" by Moliere - No. 14 Tambourin
12. Johan Joachim Agrell - Duet in A Major for two flutes -Presto
13. Wilhelm Peterson-Berger - By Froso Church
14. Wilhelm Peterson-Berger - Summer Song
15. Georges Bizet - Overture to the opera "Carmen"
16. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Overture to the opera "Don Giovanni"
17. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Canzoneeta "Deh! veni alla
18. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - finestra" from the Opera Don Giovanni - Marsch der Priester from the opera "Die Zauberflote"
19. Gioacchino Rossini - Overture to the opera "L'Italiana in Algeri"