The Rolling Stones Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Originally issued in 1966, Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) is the first hits retrospective the Rolling Stones ever released, collecting their early singles and featuring the original album appearance of "19th Nervous Breakdown" and the hit version of "Time Is On My Side" among others. The LP only just failed to spend two years on the American album charts after its release shortly before the start of the band's fifth North American tour which helped drive sales of over two million copies.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player