The Rolling Stones It's Only Rock And Roll on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
1974's It's Only Rock And Roll was the album that originally spawned the production duo The Glimmer Twins aka Jagger and Richards. It is also marks the first appearance on a Stones album by Ronnie Wood as he plays 12 string guitar on the single, “It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll.” The second single from the album was the only cover on the record, the Temptations’ “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg.” This was also the last album to feature Mick Taylor as a band member who left soon after its release. The cover features a painting by Guy Peelaert and it won an award as the best cover of the year.
"Mick and I felt that we wanted to try and do it ourselves because we really felt we knew much more about techniques and recording and had our own ideas of how we wanted things to go." - Keith Richards
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player