The Rolling Stones Tattoo You on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
1981's Tattoo You was the last Rolling Stone's album to reach the top of the charts, ending a string of No. 1's dating back to 1971's Sticky Fingers. Divided into a rock 'n' roll side and a ballad side, the essential release yielded the concert staple "Start Me Up" as well as the masterpiece "Waiting On A Friend. Topping the US charts for nine weeks, Tattoo You held the No. 1 spot for longer than any other Stones album.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player