The Rolling Stones Through The Past Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Dedicated to Brian Jones, who had died a few months earlier, this 1969 compilation features some of his best work. The Big Hits mentioned in the title are “Honky Tonk Women,” “Jumpin' Jack Flash,” “Ruby Tuesday” and “Let’s Spend The Night Together,” which were all Top 3 singles. The selection also includes “Dandelion,” the B side of the Stones’ summer of 1967 top 10 single. Ethan Russell who also took the seminal photos of the band at the Altamont Festival took the album's iconic cover shot.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player