The Velvet Underground And Nico The Velvet Underground And Nico on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
The incredibly influential 1967 debut from The Velvet Underground & Nico weaves its unique brand of dreamy pop, garage rock, stripped-down R&B and love songs with intrigue and style. It's one of rocks most significant debuts and one that still sounds way ahead of its time to this day. Reading like a greatest hits collection, the transcendent 11-song set and its ever famous Andy Warhol-designed banana cover features such all-time VU classics as "Sunday Morning," "I'm Waiting for the Man," "Femme Fatale," "All Tomorrow's Parties" and "Heroin."
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player