The Who The Singles on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Japanese only reissue of The Who's The Singles compilation, originally released in 1984, expanded with 10 bonus tracks. One of the premier singles bands of the 1960s and early-70s, the sprawling 26-track collection gathers signature Who fare like "Can't Explain," "My Generation," "Happy Jack," "I Can See For Miles," "Magic Bus," "Pinball Wizard," "The Seeker," "Won't Get Fooled Again," and "Squeeze Box." The front cover features a photo of The Who on Ready Steady Go! in 1965 by Dezo Hoffman.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player