Tom Waits Rain Dogs on Limited Edition Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Tom Waits' 1985 classic Rain Dogs - the middle album of a trilogy that includes Swordfishtrombones and Franks Wild Years - has emerged as an object of fascination for the enigmatic singer-songwriter's rabid fans. In a very personal evocation of the New-York slums, the album’s nineteen tracks impress with their variety, borrowing from cabaret, polka, jazz, rock and even spoken poetry. The use of numerous instruments adds to the album’s character: pianos and organs, saxophones, trumpets and trombones, drums, marimba and congas, and of course, guitars and accordions. The sprawling 19-song affair also features notable contributions from Marc Ribot and Keith Richards.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player