Verdi - Rolando Villazon - Noseda on Blu-Ray Pure Audio Disc
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs: No Compression, No Compromise
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs Offer True High-Resolution 24-bit/96kHz Audiophile Sound
Universal Music Group has gone back to the original master tapes to deliver fully uncompressed, high-resolution versions of many of your favorite albums on Blu-ray Pure Audio Disc. Mastered at 24bit/96kHz, Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs deliver the sound the artists originally heard in the studio when these classic albums were recorded. These discs provide all the recorded musical information. While convenient due to their small file size, today’s heavily compressed music files do not represent the true fidelity of the original album.
• Recordings are transferred from the original master tapes and delivered in high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio
• No compression is utilized, and the sound quality is vastly superior to MP3 or standard CD
• Three separate choices of audio file format for playback: PCM 2.0, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1 available where noted)
• Your preferred audio format is chosen either by pressing the "Audio" button on your Blu-ray remote or via your onscreen menu display
"Welcome to this musical journey through some of the many beautiful works that Verdi wrote for tenor. We start with an aria from his very first opera, Oberto. Then you will listen to other arias from his early years, from his most popular operas and from his mature period, as well as to a selection of songs orchestrated by Berio, to the solo tenor part from his great religious oratorio, all the way to the very last aria he composed for tenor.
"To perform Verdi is to perform variations on the eternal melody of the human soul. Verdi was a man who came from the people and composed for the people, a genius who never lost contact with the basic forces of the human heart. Verdi was indeed the least pretentious of all composers. When critics of his time said that he who thinks that great music is an expression of love, pain etc, is wrong, he simply replied: “And why should one not believe that music is the expression of love and pain and etc?” For Verdi, “art that misses simplicity and naturalness is not Art. An idea must stem from the simple.”
"It has been an immense joy to sail through Verdi’s rich musical sea – with its limpid blue waters, tremendous tempests, caressing waves and sunsets red as blood – in the company of the Orchestra Teatro Regio Torino and the great Gianandrea Noseda. It is also a pleasure to welcome my dear colleague Mojca Erdmann on this wonderful musical odyssey. We hope you enjoy the journey with us and that, after having listened to it, you feel an absolute need to dive into the vast ocean of the great Maestro Verdi’s complete works." - Rolando Villazón
"Tenor roles in the operas of Giuseppe Verdi require vocalism of exceptional beauty and power, combined with a blazing sincerity of expression. That is abundantly clear in Rolando Villazón’s all-Verdi recital, finely balanced between popular pieces and significantly less familiar ones. The feeling of discovery will surely be as thrilling to Villazón’s listeners as it has been to the singer himself. Verdi has been integral to Villazón’s international career and, in continuing his exploration of Verdi via this disc, the tenor has created a fascinating journey through the composer’s very long life.
"Villazón cherishes, above all, the emotional pull that gives him a universal and timeless appeal. “Verdi was able to translate the main emotions of humanity into music,” says Villazón. The operas repeatedly depict “jealousy, love, sadness, moaning for death, craving for what you cannot have.” But, whatever the dramatic situation, Verdi “connects directly to the essence of what makes us human beings.” - Roger Pines, dramaturg and broadcast commentator at Lyric Opera of Chicago
Giuseppe Verdi (composer)
Gianandrea Noseda (conductor)
Rolando Villazón (tenor vocal)
Orchestra Teatro Regio Torino
Blu-ray Pure Audio Discs:
Audio is taken from the original master tapes and mastered in 24-bit/96kHz resolution with a choice of three sound formats: PCM, Dolby True HD, or DTS-HD Master Audio. You can finally enjoy the music in the fidelity originally experienced in the studio.
• Simply load the disc into any Blu-Ray device and it starts to play, just like a CD
• No video needed: Blu-Ray remote allows track selection and preferred audio format
• Alternately, use your onscreen display to select tracks and preferred audio format
Verdi - Rolando Villazon - Noseda Track Listing:
1. Oberto, Conte di San Bonifacio Act 2 - "Ciel Che Feci!... Di Qual Sangue..."
2. I Due Foscari Act 1 - Scena: "Qui Ti Rimani" - Arioso: "Brezza Del Suol Natio"
3. 8 Romanze Per Tenore E Orchestra - Brindisi
4. 8 Romanze Per Tenore E Orchestra - L'esule
5. I Lombardi Act 2 - O Madre Mia, Che Fa Colei - La Mia Letizia Infondere
6. 8 Romanze Per Tenore E Orchestra - In Solitaria Stanza
7. Il Corsaro Act 3 - "Eccomi Prigionero!"
8. Rigoletto Act 1 - "Questa O Quella" (Ballata)
9. Rigoletto Act 3 - "La Donna E Mobile"
10. La Traviata Act 2 - "Lunge Da Lei ... De' Miei Bollenti Spiriti"
11. La Traviata Act 2 - "O Mio Rimorso!"
12. Un Ballo In Maschera Act 1 - "La Rivedrà Nell'estasi...Il Cenno Mio"
13. Don Carlo Act 1 - "Fontainebleau! Foresta Immensa E Solitaria!"
14. Messa da Requiem - Dies Irae - Ingemisco
15. Falstaff Act 3 - "Dal Labbro Il Canto Estasiato Vola"