Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Phono Cartridge
Low-Output Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Moving-Iron Phono Cartridge: Designed to Connect to a High-Gain, Moving-Coil Phonostage, Fits Unipivot and Gimbaled-Bearing Tonearms
Following in the footsteps of the incredible high-output Zephyr moving-iron phono cartridge that Soundsmith built for VPI, expert analog designer Peter Ledermann has created an even more true-to-the-source, low-output moving iron phono cartridge in Zephyr MIMC. This version is made to connect to any MC (high gain) phonostage. The handcrafted Zephyr MIMC (Moving Iron for Moving Coil) is based on the world-famous Susurro cartridge and captures the gist of the latter's sonic signature at a much less-expensive price. While Zephyr MIMC is made to perfectly complement VPI's unipivot tonearms, it's equally at home on any gimbaled-bearing arm. This fantastic U.S.A.-made cartridge's evenly balanced frequency response, dynamic shadings, detail retrieval, and sheer power will leave even the most die-hard analog buffs breathless. A full two-year warranty comes standard. Zephyr MIMC can even be completely rebuilt for only a small fraction of the purchase price, adding to its long-term value.
- Trickle-Down Technology from SoundSmith's own incredible Sussurro MI Cartridge
- Lower Moving Mass Makes MIMC Ultra-Fast and Incredibly Detailed
- Superb Tracking Capability at 1.9 Grams
- Virtually Hum-Free with 6-Sided HyMu80 Magnetic Shielding
- Low-Mass Nude Highly-Polished Line-Contact Diamond on Boron Cantilever
- "Constant Contact" Damping Mechanism – No Over- or Under-Damping
- Excellent Channel Separation (34dB minimum)
- Ultra-Low Stylus "Jitter" Provides Master Tape-Like Sonics
- Rugged Suspension Less Prone to Damage from Accidents
- Can Be Fully Rebuilt by Soundsmith for a small fraction of the purchase price
Note: Low Output Moving Iron Design compatible with Moving Coil (High-Gain) Phonostage with loading option of 470 Ohms or greater. (Output = 0.4mV)
Best of Both Worlds: Soundsmith Moving-Iron Cartridges
The best of both worlds: Soundsmith's moving-iron cartridges combine the advantages of moving-coil and moving-magnet designs, while simultaneously eliminating their deficiencies. Boasting extraordinary tracking abilities that let them sail through complex passages, a warm and detailed character, exceptional transient response, and a full, rich sound that completes musical and instrumental structures, the award-winning Soundsmith models exude high-end design. We guarantee you'll love your new U.S.A.-made Soundsmith cartridge the moment it hits the grooves of your favorite records.