Audioengine A5+ Powered Bookshelf Speakers
The top of Audioengine's speaker lineup, the A5+ improves on the award-winning A5 design with improvements such as a variable line out, rear-mounted USB power and mini-jacks, 5-way binding posts, RCA inputs, and even a remote control. We have a soft-spot in our hearts for the over-performing A2, so we were expecting the A5+ to sound the same, just bigger. We were shocked to discover that the A5+ does everything that the A2 does, only better! The A5+ throws
a bigger soundstage with a more stable image; has a richer more natural
tonal balance; feels like it plays a good octave deeper than the A2 and has a bunch of very cool features.
The A5+ throws a very good soundstage with surprisingly good imaging. The A5+'s custom
tweeter cups focus their energy to the listening position, offering
excellent inner detail and good sense of depth. The soft dome tweeter's
sweetness is hugely appealing, making the A5+ all-day listenable. The A5+'s custom-made Kevlar woofers have great speed and dynamic range, with a neutral tonal balance. The A5+ produces
bass that is firm and taut, if a bit rounder than might be found on
more "audiophile" designs, but this is intentional, not a flaw, and
makes most recordings sound a lot more exciting. Overall, considering
the price and even taking the price out of the equation, the A5+ offers a ton of musical satisfaction for a very reasonable price!
There are three finishes available for the A5+, Matte Black, Gloss White, and Carbonized Bamboo.
* The Carbonized Bamboo used on these A5s is extremely durable, gorgeous, sounds fantastic and is a sustainable wood. Bamboo is an excellent alternative to hardwoods and the dark bamboo is not a stain or veneer,
but achieved through a specialized heating process. As the bamboo is
pressure heated, the sugar compounds inside the bamboo are "carbonized"
which in turn darkens the bamboo to a rich caramel color. Awesome sound, great looks, eco-friendly, and panda-safe!
* Gloss White complements Apple and Sonos products. The high-gloss
finish requires no maintenance, but do not use abrasive or harsh
chemical cleaners. A soft wipe with a micro-fiber cloth will be
sufficient to remove any dust.
* Matte Black is a soft, silky finish which hides both dust and fine scratches exceptionally well.
Audioengine products are now 100% lead-free and meet the EU's RoHS initiative
All speaker cabinet materials use environmentally-friendly binders and resins
Formaldehyde-free adhesives are used in cabinet assembly
All Audioengine products meet ENERGY STAR requirements in standby
Limited use of plastics
- USB power charging (ComboPort)
- 2 audio inputs
- Built-in power amps in left speaker
- Variable line out
- Rear panel AC outlet
- Front panel volume control
- Kevlar woofers for super low end
- Silk tweeters for smooth highs Line level outputs
- High-quality speaker connectors
- Auto-sleep power saving mode
- Hand-finished cabinets
- Video shielded
- 3-year warranty
- All cables included