** THIS ITEM IS A DEMO - Full Manufacturer's Warranty **
Wharfedale Diamond 10.1: A Great Sounding, Beautifully Built Loudspeaker
Music Direct's 2011 Affordable Bookshelf Speaker of the Year
The new Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 is simply one of the best high-end audio values out there. Never has an such a modest investment gone so far. The Diamond 10 offers gorgeous cabinet construction in three beautiful finishes. The soft dome tweeter has been custom designed to deliver crystal clear high frequency definition up to 30kHz, While the five-inch Kevlar bass driver, along with this speaker’s twin rear-firing ports, deliver astounding bottom end punch from such a compact cabinet. The sound is tightly focused with the ability to throw a wide and deep soundstage. As the name suggests, this speaker is a diamond in the rough. 100% Music Direct Money Back Guaranteed!
"With every recording I played, the Wharfedale’s sounded clean, extended, detailed and pristine. Wharfedale has a winner in the Diamond 10.1. In today’s market of stiff competition among affordable loudspeakers, the 10.1 presents extraordinary value for the money, with many strengths that suggest a considerably higher price and no considerable weaknesses!"
– Robert Reina, Stereophile
For almost 30 years, Wharfedale's famous Diamond speakers
have served as the classic entry point to true high-fidelity sound,
their exceptional value for money earning dozens of awards around the
globe. Now, with the introduction of the all-new Diamond 10 Series, Wharfedale has again raised the bar for affordable, high-performance loudspeakers.
"...with speakers as willing as these you'll want to crank the volume and
feel the music's power. Bass was surprisingly deep, so there's no need
to add a subwoofer...I had to stop and remind myself over and over again, this is a $350 speaker; it sounds like double that very reasonable [price]."
– Steve Guttenberg, CNet
The latest evolution of this classic speaker range builds upon the
success of its multi-award-winning predecessors with numerous
enhancements. The result is a sound that's crisp, focused and spacious,
effortlessly dynamic yet firmly in control. Add the visual appeal of
elegantly curved cabinets and everything becomes clear: the new Diamond 10 series is the sparkling jewel in Wharfedale's crown.
"The measured performance of Wharfedale’s Diamond 10.1 would be superb even if the speaker did not cost just $350/pair. But then, its designer, Peter Comeau, is one of the UK’s senior speaker designers; I would have expected from him no less."
– John Atkinson, Stereophile Editor-in-Chief
"[The 10.1s] flooded my listening room with pure emotional intensity so rich and sumptuous I could cry, I realized the Wharfedales weren’t performing only as great jazz speakers, but also as emotional conductors!"
– Stephen Mejias, Stereophile, Recommended Product Review
"Such was our admiration for these Wharfedale bookshelf speakers that we gave them a What Hi-Fi? Product of the Year award… arguably Wharfedale’s best budget speaker yet…we are huge fans!"
– What HiFi?, 2010 Product of the Year Award Winner
- Cast aluminum ports, binding post and Tweeter frame for fit and finish at this price point
- Tweeter, Midrange and ports are “locked” together stiffening the front baffle
- Cast aluminum frames for all drivers reduces resonance, improves power handling
- Open back driver design for zero back-wave bleed through the cone
- Kevlar cones for highest stiffness to mass ratio, unheard of at this price point
- Low reflection MSBR surrounds with increased linear driver excursion, improves dynamics and isolates reflections
- Tweeter gets neodymium magnet for high power and ultimate control
- Polypropylene Capacitors on tweeter crossover for silky smooth highs
- Curved side panels reduce panel flex and cancel internal standing waves
- ¾” MDF enclosure for solid impact and dynamics
- Full internal cross-bracing for reduced enclosure vibration
- Poly-fill stuffed enclosures improve bass and midrange performance